Keeping your workstation secure
Follow these best practices to keep your workstation secure:
- When working from the docking station, keep your laptop physically secure with an anti-theft cable lock.
- Lock your computer when you leave your workstation unattended. Press ctrl-alt-del, and select Lock Computer. When you get back to your workstation, log back in to restore your session where you left it.
- If you don't shut down your laptop every night, be sure to at least lock the computer.
- Change your Windows password periodically. Press ctrl-alt-del, and select Change Password.
Safe web browsing
Download and install malwarebytes. Malware, spyware, and other malicious code hurts system performance. Go to the malwarebytes website to download a free version of the anti-malware software.
- Do not open email attachments from unknown senders, especially zips and exes.
- After downloading an email attachment, perform a virus scan on the downloaded file.
- To scan a file for viruses, right-click on the file in Windows Explorer, and select Scan for Viruses.